18 Seats Available!Start Date: Monday, February 27, 2023
End Date: Tuesday, February 28, 2023
Time: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Joint Health & Safety Committee (JHSC): Part 2 – Workplace Specific (WPS) – CPO Approved Program
Part II of the JHSC Program, Workplace Specific (WPS) completes the certification process. Therefore, when participants pass our WPS program, they become official, Certified Members in their respective workplace JHSCs. Please note that this Certification expires after three years. Before the expiry date, the Refresher program (described below) must be taken to maintain that Certification status.
JHSC Part II Workplace Specific is a 2-day program that focuses on hazards specific to participants’ workplaces, and effective ways to identify those hazards. After completing this program, you will have the knowledge and training to properly ‘Recognize, Assess, Control, and Evaluate (R.A.C.E)’ hazards at your workplace.
In this program, we cover:
- A summary of information from JHSC Part I
- Concepts regarding Ergonomics and Musculoskeletal Disorders (MSDs)
- Risks relating to Manual Material Handling (MMH)
- Violence & Harassment and its risk factors in the workplace
- Controlling hazardous energy via Lock-out/Tag-out procedures
- Classes of Industrial Lift Trucks and how to work with and around them safely
- Benefits of proper Housekeeping techniques and the hazards relating to the lack of these techniques
- Slips, Trips, and Falls hazards and control measures
PLEASE NOTE: Because there is a limit of 18 participants per class, this course requires prepayment in order to reserve any seats. There is also a minimum of 6 participants for this class to run.