$240.00Start Date: Wednesday, November 24, 2021
End Date: Wednesday, November 24, 2021
Time: 8:30 pm - 4:30 pm
This course will be an instructor led, virtual session so you can keep your participants safely away, in front of their own screens, while still getting the highest quality, instructor led training.
Companies that have between 6 and 19 workers are required by law to have a worker Health & Safety Representative (HSR). They are also responsible for ensuring the HSR is properly trained in order to perform their duties correctly.
Our program focuses on the duties and role of the HSR. After completing this program, you will be a certified Health and Safety Representative with the applicable expertise to oversee Health and Safety requirements at your workplace.
In this program, we cover:
- Objectives and introduction
- Internal Responsibility System
- Full review of the legislated requirements under the Occupational Health & Safety Act of each workplace party (workers, supervisors, employers)
- Concept of Due Diligence
- Powers & function of JHSC under S.9 OH&S Act
- Recognizing, Assessing, Controlling and Evaluating Hazards
- Workplace Inspections
- Incident / Accident Investigations
- Making your JHSC run smoothly
- Guide to effective JHSC meetings (agenda, minutes, process)
- Work Refusal Process (Worker, Bilateral, Unilateral)
- Rights and responsibilities of all workplaces parties for health & safety
- Report Writing / Written Recommendations
- Where to get more help
- MOL, WSIB reporting requirements
- Functions of MOL, MOL Inspectors, WSIB, OLRB
- Criminal Negligence
Participants must have a working microphone and camera on their computer in order to attend.