18 Seats Available!Start Date: Thursday, August 31, 2023
End Date: Thursday, August 31, 2023
Time: 12:30 pm - 4:00 pm
Mobile Elevated Work Platforms Operator Safety Training
Our Mobile Elevated Work Platforms (MEWPS) Operator Safety Training program provides both theoretical and practical training. It includes classroom instruction (theory) followed by a hands-on Competency Evaluation to reinforce the theory and specific skills required to safely and efficiently operate the equipment. After completing this program, you will be competent and feel comfortable with operating your workplace’s (MEWPS). Three (3) years from the date of taking this MEWPS Operator Safety Training, you are required to re-take this program to maintain your certification.
The first part of this program consists of an in-class training program. This part of the program covers:
- Legal requirements under the OHSA and Regulations
- CSA Standards regarding safe operation of MEWPS
- Hazard identification related to operating MEWPS
- Conducting Pre-Shift Inspections
- Limiting Fall Risks through Fall Arrest Systems
- Ensuring Load Capabilities are not exceeded
- Propane Safety and Cylinder Exchange
Please note: We do NOT have powered equipment (a MEWP) at our location.