Seats Sold OutStart Date: Tuesday, July 13, 2021
End Date: Thursday, July 15, 2021
Time: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Joint Health & Safety Committee (JHSC): Part 1 – Basic Certification – CPO Approved program
Ontario’s Occupational Health & Safety Act (OHSA) requires all workplaces with 20 or more regularly employed workers to have a Joint Health & Safety Committee.
Two of these committee members must be certified (one management representative and one worker representative) as per the Ministry of Labour (MOL). Certification requires completion of both Part I (Basic) and Part II (WPS) Certification Training for Joint Health & Safety Committee members.
JHSC Part I Basic Certification is a 3-day program that outlines all aspects of being a Certified Member in a Joint Health and Safety Committee. After completing this program, you will be equipped with the tools you need to become an effective member of your workplace JHSC.
In this program, we cover:
- Legislation, including how to read the OHSA and Regulations (or, “the Green Book”)
- The role of JHSC
- The identification of and the process through which Health and Safety Hazards affect workers
- The process and the importance of Workplace Inspections
- Completing Accident Investigations and Accident Investigation Reports
- The role of Certified Members in JHSC
PLEASE NOTE: Because there is a limit of 18 participants per class, this course requires prepayment in order to reserve any seats. There is also a minimum of 5 participants for this class to run.