18 Seats Available!Start Date: Thursday, March 23, 2023
End Date: Thursday, March 23, 2023
Time: 8:30 am - 2:00 pm
Forklift Operator Safety Training
Our Forklift Operator Safety Training program provides both theoretical and practical training. It includes classroom instruction (theory) followed by a hands-on Competency Evaluation to reinforce the theory and specific skills required to safely and efficiently operate the equipment. After completing this program, you will be competent and feel comfortable with operating your workplace’s forklift(s). Three (3) years from the date of taking this Forklift Operator Safety Training, you are required to re-take this program to maintain your certification.
The first part of this program consists of an in-class training program. This part of the program covers:
- Root causes of Forklift Accidents
- The Responsibilities of Employers, Supervisors, and Workers
- The Rights of Workers
- The different Forklift Classes
- Safe Operational Techniques when operating a Forklift
- Conducting Pre-Shift Inspections
- Legal requirements under the OHSA and Regulations
- CSA Standards regarding various forklift classes and components
- Fuel Sources
- Safety Techniques when Loading Docks and Trailers
- Propane and Battery Safety
The second part of the program consists of our Trainer going to your worksite and evaluating your competency level while operating the Forklift(s) required for your job. This is the practical portion of the program.
Please note: We do NOT have powered equipment (a Forklift) at our location.