$249.00Start Date: Friday, February 12, 2021
End Date: Friday, February 12, 2021
Time: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Distance Learning Virtual JHSC Refresher Course
Joint Health and Safety Committee (JHSC) members who were certified after March 1, 2016, must now get their certification renewed every three years. This course is being facilitated by CPO Approved provider, Dwight Barratt Consulting.
The refresher course is designed to remind participants of the key information covered during Joint Health and Safety Committee training. It may also update participants about recent changes to health and safety regulations or JHSC duties. Topics covered in the course include:
In this program, we cover:
- The rights, duties, functions and responsibilities of general JHSC members as well as certified members
- Review the roles, duties and responsibilities of workplace parties
- Identify changes and updates to legislation, standards, codes of practices and new safety initiatives from the last three years since your staff was last certified
- Review the concepts of hazard management, RACE: recognize, assess, control and evaluate
- Discuss best practices and challenges with other JHSC certified members and BULLIVANT instructors
Participants simply arrive at our Stoney Creek training facility (with free all-day parking) and get started. They must bring a valid piece of photo idea to confirm their registration, such as a driver’s license, passport or Permanent Resident Card. Otherwise, we provide everything for the course here at our facility.