Our Joint Health & Safety Committee (JHSC) Part 1 & 2 Certification program meets the requirements from the Ministry of Labour (MOL), the Chief Prevention Officer (CPO) and the Occupational Health & Safety Act (OHSA) for all industry sectors such industrial, warehousing, manufacturing, construction, retail, franchised restaurants, health care, cannabis, government of Ontario ministries, criminal justice system and more.
What makes BULLIVANT Health + Safety unique as compared to the large, Ministry of Labour funded associations who receive 10’s of millions of dollars of government funding every year, such as the IHSA, WSPS to name a couple, is that we can customize most of the training that we offer to meet your specific needs and requirements for your workplace. We’ve been providing quality safety training since 1995 and we’ve seen virtually everything there is to see, giving our trainers the ability to relate to almost any topic or question they receive.
Is this your first committee you’ve had to set up? Now you can Invite BULLIVANT Health + Safety to become a trusted adviser to your Joint Health & Safety Committee. If this is your first meeting of your new committee, you may require some guidance and structure to be put into place.
We can help your existing JHSC develop and maintain effective, efficient, and productive meetings to remain in compliance with the OHSA.
We can also assist your committees when they perform the hazard assessment of your facility. With our many years of experience you can feel confident that all your committee members needs will be met.
JHSC Certification Program – Part I (Basic) Includes:
- Chief Prevention Officer (CPO) Approved Training Provider & Program
- Internal Responsibility System
- OHSA & Regulations
- Identify health and safety legislation, and demonstrate how to access it
- Due Diligence
- Describe how the Joint Health & Safety Committees function
- Recognizing, Assessing, Controlling and Evaluating Hazards
- Practice recognizing, assessing, controlling, and evaluating hazard controls
- Describe the purpose, legal requirements for, and rights and duties of the JHSC and its members
- Workplace Inspections
- Accident Investigations
- Written Certification Evaluation as required by the MOL.
JHSC Certification Program – Part II (WPS) Includes:
- Part II of the Program focuses on hazards specific to the participants workplace
- Documentation supporting attendance upon completion for due diligence purposes
- Part I – Review & HIRA
- Musculoskeletal Disorders
- Manual Material Handling
- Violence & Harassment
- LOTO & Machine Guarding
- Lift Truck
- Slip, Trips & Falls
The purpose of Workplace Specific Certification is to supply participants the tools on how to Recognize and Assess, Control and Evaluate hazards at your workplace.
Register online here for your JHSC Part 1 Certification training or contact us for assistance.