$249.00Start Date: Wednesday, March 3, 2021
End Date: Wednesday, March 3, 2021
Time: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Distance Learning Virtual JHSC Refresher Course
Joint Health and Safety Committee (JHSC) members who were certified after March 1, 2016, must now get their certification renewed every three years. This course is being facilitated by CPO Approved provider, Dwight Barratt Consulting.
The refresher course is designed to remind participants of the key information covered during Joint Health and Safety Committee training. It may also update participants about recent changes to health and safety regulations or JHSC duties. Topics covered in the course include:
In this program, we cover:
- The rights, duties, functions and responsibilities of general JHSC members as well as certified members
- Review the roles, duties and responsibilities of workplace parties
- Identify changes and updates to legislation, standards, codes of practices and new safety initiatives from the last three years since your staff was last certified
- Review the concepts of hazard management, RACE: recognize, assess, control and evaluate
- Discuss best practices and challenges with other JHSC certified members and BULLIVANT instructors
This approved distance learning course requires all participants to have:
- Zoom software installed and updated on their workstation/laptop
- A working camera and microphone and
- A copy of the OHSA
Prior to your participant material being shipped, participants will need to verify that the above requirements are met.
This course provides a review of the key concepts taught in Certification Part One & Part Two training, updates to OHS legislation, as well as best practices. It is relevant to JHSC members in all industry sectors.